Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Moving herbs

I've dug over the third bed, which took me a while because I kept finding bulbs. This meant that I had to move the bulbs out of this bed and put them into the flower bed. A place for everything and all that. Actually, this bed must have been a wee garden, becasue of the shrubs and bulbs I'm finding. It also has a few planks and boardwalks under the grass, as well as a tiny pond in one corner. I'd like to keep the pond so I've got frogs to eat all the slugs.

I moved the lavender and buried it as I said in my last post. Here's what it looks like.



There is a bit more sticking out elsewhere in the bed because it was so bushy at the top. Fingers crossed. I may even make a lavender hedge.

I also moved some fennel into the middle of the herb bed. There's another one to come when I excavate the next path.


No comments: