Sunday, December 17, 2006

The roof and the storms

The shed roof was shredded in the wind and rain of the last few weeks (or months as it probably was). It finally gave in last week sometime. The blue plastic wasn't up to it, especially as I had strapped it down so strongly.

So, this forced my hand and I'm putting on a corrugated plastic roof. Here's the work in progress. As you can see, the next plot has a fantastic greenhouse which would withstand a neutron bomb and outlive the cockroach, but let's not worry about that. Mine will not be as good.



Apart from that, I've finished two of the borders. The nearest one is the flower plot, which has some bulbs poking through already. More on them next time.



The farthest one is going to be vegetables. The paths will hopefully have bark chippings in. That is easier on the knees and better for the world than gravel, I reckon.


1 comment:

Howard and Fiona said...

Just to let you know that we are following your allotment adventures!