Sunday, April 08, 2007

Shed, inside and out

I worked a bit more on the path to the new compost bin and replaced the random bits of sandstone with some bricks that had been abandoned by the front door of the allotments.



They are very flat on the sides and a bit rough on top. I think they were used in a driveway or pavement with the smoothe sides up and were thus quite deep. I took the easy way out and used the largest surface area as my path. It's flat enough to walk on and use a wheelbarrow on, so suits my purpose fine.

I found the green netting when clearing out the inside of the shed. It was in a plastic bag filled with water, so I left it out to dry.



I gutted the inside of the shed and repositioned the benches. I now have lots of space to put seedlings and seed trays so they are near the light. As it was, as soon as something germinated, I didn't have anywhere to put it.



I'm going to build shelves under the long bench on the right to add more space. With the new benches in place I've moved all my seedlings down from the flat. I'll chat about them next.

No comments: